Hello

the IBIS Medical Software - Interactive BodyMind Information System - is a
comprehensive software compilation of clinical materials derived from
scientific studies, clinical experience and traditional usages and covering
the full range of alternative therapies

for more see:
http://www.Integrative-Medicine.com

a work in progress for over ten years

AltHealthWatch is another great tool - it is a full-text CD-ROM containing
a wide range of journals in this area
also available through Integrative Medical Arts Group,
http://www.Integrative-Medicine.com

thanks
Mitch

also Alternative and Complementary Therapies is peer-reviewed, I am on the
practitioner advisory board

The Journal of Naturopathic Medicine and the townsend Letter are also great

>Hi--
>
>In reference to some titles in alternative/complementary medicine, I
>have some suggestions for you.
>
>Some journals' titles:
>* Complementary Therapies in Medicine. Published by Churchill
>Livingstone. Peer reviewed.
>* Advances: The Journal of Mind-Body Health. Published by Fetzer
>Institute. Peer reveiwed?
>* Alternative Therapies in health and medicine. Peer reviewed. (I don't
>have the publisher, I'm sure it is in "Medical Books and Serials in
>print"
>* Alternative and Complementary Therapies. Published by Mary Ann
>Leibert, Inc. Peer review?
>* FACT. Focus on Alternative anc Complementary Therapies. This is a sort
>of  Evidence-Based journal on alternative/complementary medicine.
>Published by the U of Exeter in UK.
>* Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. Research on
>Paradigm, Practice, and Policy. Published by Mary Ann Leibert, Inc. Peer
>reviewed.
>
>Also,
>Alternative Medicine: Expanding Medical Horizons. A Report to the
>National Institutes of Health on Alternative Medical Systems and
>Practices in the United States.  NIH Publication No. 94-066. 1994.
>
>Shohreh Saljooghi-Hojat
>Irvine, California
>
>Karen Azulai wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I would very much appreciate it if some of you, with extensive
>> Alternative/complementary medicine literature in your library could
>> recommend those books (or magazines) which are considered to be GOOD
>> books on AM and which encorporate references with clinically proven
>> data.
>> TIA.
>> --
>> Karen Azulai
>> InfoTracks
>> Israel
>> mailto:[log in to unmask]
>> http://www.infotracks.co.il/eindex.html

        "Theory and practice should together form one,
                   and should remain undivided."    - Paracelsus

  Mitch Stargrove, N.D., L.Ac.                <[log in to unmask]>
Coordinator of the Paracelsus discussion list for health care professionals

      Integrative Medicine, Natural Health and Alternative Therapies
  http://www.HealthWWWeb.com         http://www.Integrative-Medicine.com
    IBIS Medical Software: the Interactive BodyMind Information System