Julie,

We just started doing an orientation packet for new faculty last year.  We
get lists from the dean's offices in the schools of public health and
medicine.  The packet includes a cover memo, a library registration card, an
email account request form, a one page double-sided library guide, info on
OVID and MDConsult, and a tri-fold cheat sheet on Tulanet Voyager, our new
library system.  We participate in the orientation for new residents and new
students annually as well, but we haven't tackled new staff yet.  Hope that
helps.

Cindy

>Hello,
>
>        Is anyone providing a written introduction to library services to
new employees?  I would be interested in learning what information you
include and what format you use (single sheet; multiple sheets; folds;
tri-folds; etc.)  Do you distribute it with other department materials
during new employee orientation or do you get lists of new employees and
send directly to them?

>        If you have samples you can send, that would be very helpful, also.
>
>        Thank you, in advance.
>
>Julie McDaniel
>Health Sciences Librarian
>Community Hospital of Springfield