In my haste to announce the availibility of this new publication, I didn't put the complete title of the published work.  It is "The Complete German Commission E Monographs: Therapeutic Guide to Herbal Medicines," edited by Mark Blumenthal, Werner R. Busse, Alicia Goldberg, Joerg Gruenwald, Tara Hall, Chance W. Riggins, Robert S. Rister. Published by American Botanical Council : Austin, TX, 1998, ISBN 0-9655555-0-X

At the Texas Medical Association Library, we just received our long-awaited copy of The German Commission E Monographs: Therapeutic Guide to Herbal Medicines  published by American Botanical Council in Austin, TX.

Per comments in the foreword by Varro E. Tyler, PhD, ScD, the monographs "represent the most accurate information available in the entire world on the safety and efficacy of herbs and phytomedicines.  As such, they are worthy of careful study by anyone interested in any type of drug therapy.  Ignorance of the Commission E monographs is ignorance of a substantial segment of modern medicine."

To order a copy, follow these instructions from ABC's home page at www.herbalgrm.org/commission_e.html:

ONLY $189.

Plus shipping. Order #B181W

To order The German Commission E Monographs:

Have your credit card handy (Visa and Mastercard only) and visit our online order form, e-mail [log in to unmask], or
phone toll free 800-373-7105. Out of the continental U.S., call 512/926-4900. To order by mail, send a check (in US dollars,
drawn on a US bank) to American Botanical Council, P.O. Box 144345, Austin, Texas 78714-4345. Freight is included.

Nancy Reynolds
Library Director
Texas Medical Association Library
401 W. 15th Street