Dear All,

I have received email back from both Europa's North American and British
offices this morning.  The firm is trying hard to find a new buyer/investor
and should not be written off yet.

They assure me that even if the firm is not sold, the parts/service part of
Europa is a moneymaking operation, will continue in business, and that all
experienced service engineers have remained on the job.  The British office
can still supply parts and if Europa Scientific is not restored soon then a
new firm will be created to supply parts and service for existing
instruments.

They may have some trouble keeping up with phone calls so they suggest
email or FAX as the best way of reaching them during this interim period.
Their emails are-

North America    [log in to unmask]

Britain          [log in to unmask]

I certainly hope that Europa Scientific continue in business as they have
certainly proved a source of innovation.  For example, they have just
produced a new universal triple collector for the 2020 that can measure the
28,29,30,  44,45,46 and the 64,65,66 masses separately.  This collector
might eliminate some of the problems associated with changing oxygen
isotopes when trying to measure the 64+65 and 66 for S analysis.

Hope that this helps clear up any confusion.

Paul Brooks.