At this point, there is no book that is geared for librarians. However, I
would strongly suggest Trish Greenhalgh's "How to Read a Paper" as the most
approachable book on the topic.

And, the article in the current issue of BMLA by Ann McKibbon is also an
excellent resource.

At 11:09 AM 9/25/98 -0400, TRACY TEMANSON wrote:
>Does anyone know of a good book on evidence based medicine written
>for librarians?  I attended the MLA teleconference on evidence based
>health care and have the bibliography (mostly articles) of resources from
>that but it includes only one book.  The book's title (Evidence-Based
>Medicine: How to Practice & Teach EBM) suggests that it is geared
>towards practioners and educators.
>
>Thanks
>
>Tracy Temanson

Patricia E. Gallagher, MLS, AHIP               [log in to unmask]
New York Academy of Medicine                 212-822-7324
1216 Fifth Avenue                                         212-423-0266 (Fax)
New York, NY 10029