Our MIS staff has asked me to ask the following question:

How do other libraries which have computers used by many people keep
icons from disappearing, programs disappearing, etc.?

We have an awful time.  People rearrange icons, remove them, actually
remove whole programs.  Our stand alone internet computer is a disaster.
 They even remove the browsers so they have to reloaded.

Some program was purchased & installed on our computers that was
supposed to eliminate these problems, but it doesn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joann Paine
Munro Library - St. Mary's Hospital
Grand Junction, CO  81502
Voice:  970-244-2171  Fax:  970-244-7509