        Yesterday, I visited Sugarbush with my friends Chris and E.  We
started the morning off at North, and found amazing views of the
Adirondaks due to the sun angle.  Warmed up with a couple of runs on Rim
Run etc. before skiing down to the North Ridge Express.  While the trails
on the upper mountain were nice with some excellent natural snow, the
North Star section had warmed yesterday and lower temps combined with
grooming had created some death cookies.  We knew there was no reason to
stay on that with so much other good snow, so we headed over to South for
the rest of the morning.
        With the great sunshine, we spent the rest of the time on Birch
run, which had soft snow, groomed on the skiers left, and bumped and
jumped up on the skiers right past the tree islands.  Birch run and
friends are always a great bet if you want sun and soft snow.  Tired
ourselves out, and shuttled back to North to avoid the "Green Mountain
Depress" download, hehe thanks Wes that's a good one.
        Oh, if anyone is planning to take the shuttle instead of the
connector, it leaves South on the hour, and North on the half hour (at
least right now).  If you know the times, you can actually transfer from
base to base more quickly that way during the download season.

J.Spin