From the world of sailing....

I had the same problem two years ago and came up with a solution that seemed
to work. If you have a hole through the cap of the ski, try use a boating
caulk to seal it. It won't help structurally, but will prevent water from
getting in and damaging the core of the ski. A silicon caulk will stay more
pliable at colder temps but is not as durable, a polysulfide is more durable
(read:will *never* come off) but may be stiffer in really cold weather. I used
a silicon first and that got knocked out. I then used 3M 5200 and that seemed
to work well. Be very careful when you apply this stuff. Once it is on, it
will stay on. Good luck.

Frank