Since Jean Primozich is not in the office I will reply: at the University of
Washington we use the mid CCA as our site for the ICA/CCA ratio  - approximately 2
cm from the carotid bifurcation.  Obviously if there is tortuosity or plaque
present, this would not be the site of choice - hope this helps.
Happy Holidays!!
Kim Cantwell-Gab