To those of you who do radial artery exams for harvest frequently, would
you be willing to share your scan protocol and wisdom?

 I was recently performing an exam on  a patient for radial artery harvest.
The physician had ordered an ue sap and allens test which were normal. This
was the first request I had received for this purpose, so I didn't have a
protocol to follow. Something (maybe a guardian angel!?) made me go ahead
and perform a duplex exam even though the indirect was normal.  The patient
had a single artery through the forearm which bifurcated  to a radial and
ulnar approx. 4-5 cm proximal to the wrist. Is this a common anomaly? I
have never seen it before.

Krista Smith, RDMS, RVT