Kelly, (and anyone who is interested and missed this the first time
around)

I conducted a somewhat informal salary survey here on the flo-net approx.
6-8 mos ago  (BELOW)  hope it is helpful.  Contact me for any further
info.

DOUG

FELLOW FLOW-NETTERS,

I have finally finished compiling the salary info. you so graciously sent
me.
I have to start out by saying I was slightly disappointed that I only
received approx.
but during my plea for input we had approx. 200 subscribers +-.  I
compiled the data according to regions rather than State because 1. there
were quite a few states not represented, and 2. A few States were only
represented with 1 or 2 replies so In order to maintain confidentiality,
I chose to post by region, WITH the exceptions of NY state and NY city
as well as Northern and southern Calif. (as a rule, most states within
each region were very comparable salary-wise for staff and TDVL (tech dir
vasc lab) Respectively;

Ok.. to save time and space, keep in mind that nearly all "staff"
salaries submitted had  a minimum of RVT or Pending RVT results, some
"staff" replies had RDMS as well.
Nearly ALL supervisors had RVT, RDMS, RDCS, BS etc or a combination of
any.
I saw no real salary increase across the board for having "All"
credentials.

As common sense will tell us all:),  The more experience, Credentials
etc. the more we might be able to command.  AS far as benefits are
concerned.....I didn't even get into that arena.  I received all sorts of
input I never knew was offered, such as free day care, gourmet lunches,
free admission to workout facilities, valet parking etc so as far as
benefits are concerned...YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN:):):) bargaining tool I
guess!

Ok .......here we go

NORTHEAST REGION:
CON.
MAINE
MASS
N.H.
R.I.
VER.
(EXCLUDING N.Y.)

received (3) staff tech responses:
low salary reported 31,000
high salary reported 44,000
mean                 37, 066
AVG YEARS EXPERIENCE in Vasc TECH  (2.5)
received no tech. director salaries

NORTHWEST REGION
IDAHO
MONT.
OREGON
WASH
WYOM.

received 6 staff tech. responses:
low salary reported 28,000
high salary reported 41,600
mean  36, 183
AVG.YEARS EXPERIENCE in Vasc TECH (2.5)
received 1 tech. direct. salary of 46, 000
AVG YEARS EXPERIENCE in Vasc TECH (15+)

MIDWEST REGION
ILLIN.
INDIANA
KENTUCKY
MICH
OHIO
WISC

received 4 "staff" responses
low salary reported 31,200
high salary reported 50, 000
mean   40, 471
AVG YEARS EXPERIENCE in Vasc TECH (3)

received 9 TECH DIRECTOR replies
low reported 40, 000
high reported 55, 000
mean 44, 288
AVG YEARS EXPERIENCE in Vasc TECH (8.5)

SOUTHWEST REGION (EXCEPT CALIF.)
COLO.
ARIZ
NEV
NMEX
UTAH

received 1 staff tech response
32, 500
1 YEAR OF EXPER.

received 4 tech. director responses
low salary 43, 000
high salary 50, 000
mean 45, 500
AVG YEARS EXPERIENCE in Vasc TECH (8)

SOUTH CENTRAL REGION
ARK
KAN.
LOUISIANNA
MO.
OK.
TX

received 5 staff tech responses
low salary 33, 000
high salary 45, 000
mean 39, 450
AVG YEARS EXPERIENCE in Vasc TECH (6.5)

received 2 tech director/supervisor responses
low salary 37, 000
high salary 45, 000
mean  41, 000
AVG YEARS EXPERIENCE in Vasc TECH (11.5)

SOUTHEAST REGION
received 8 staff tech responses
low salary reported 25, 000
high salary         46, 342
mean 33, 351
AVG YEARS EXPERIENCE in Vasc TECH (1-2)

received 14 tech director replies
low sal. reported  31, 000
high sal. reported 61, 000
mean 48, 057
AVG YEARS EXPERIENCE in Vasc TECH (8)

OK... NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
received no "staff" tech responses
received 8 TDVL responses
low salary reported 60, 000
high salary reported 80, 000 (im movin' to cally!)
mean 67, 500
AVG YEARS EXPERIENCE in Vasc TECH (15)

SOUTHERN CALIF.
0 staff tech responses
4 TDVL responses
low salary reported 40, 000
high salary reported 55, 000
mean 45, 700
AVG YEARS EXPERIENCE in Vasc TECH (2)

NEW YORK STATE

3 staff tech responses
low salary reported 27, 810
high salary reported 45, 780
mean 35, 863
AVG YEARS EXPERIENCE in Vasc TECH  (1)

3 TDVL replies
low salary reported 38, 000
high salary reported 42, 640 (WOW?... see above high sal?)
mean 41, 250
AVG YEARS EXPERIENCE in Vasc TECH (3)

NEW YORK CITY
0 replies for staff tech.
6 replies for TDVL
low salary reported 46, 840
high salary reported 62, 400
mean 52, 373
AVG YEARS EXPERIENCE in Vasc TECH(12)

MID ATLANTIC REGION
DEL.
D OF C.
MARYLAND
N.J.
PENN.
VIRGINIA
W.V.

received 1 staff tech reply
34, 800  with 1 year experience
received no TDVL REPLIES.

Hope this was helpful, any ????  I may reply, right now my fingers are
sore:)
good luck to all!!!!

p.s.RECEIVED NO REPLIES FROM:
NORTH CENTRAL REGION--IOWA, MINN, NEBRASKA, N.D., S.D

Doug Marcum  RT(R), RDMS, RVT
TDVL
Maitland (Orlando), Fl.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]