We've only  done a few -  had pt sign permit but did not need IRB permission - it's not experimental - and it worked like a charm in those we've done.   I would think that the June JVS article would be sufficient justification.  You do use the bovine topical thrombin in spite of what it says on the packqage insert.
>>> Tom Rosendahl <[log in to unmask]> 12/03/98 06:39PM >>>
Would anyone with experience using Kang et al's method of thrombin
injection of pseudoaneurysms please share their success and numbers
of patients treated. We're having some difficulty getting approval
at our facility short of an IRB to proceed with this exciting project.
If anyone knows of any published work(s) besides Kang's please inform.
Thanks,
Tom Rosendahl, RN BS RVT- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, LA