Is this specifically for medical ads?  We're overrun with ads for Disney
World travel packages, cruise lines, cell phones, catering services,
etc. ad nauseam!  They often have (in microscopic type) a number you can
allegedly call or fax to have your number removed, but in a dozen tries,
I have never yet had one of those numbers actually work (generally
reported as disconnected, being "checked for trouble," or simply do not
answer).  Is there another such junk-fax clearinghouse for this sort of
thing in general?

Julie Stielstra MLS                      ph 708-763-6472
Director of Library Services             fx 708-383-8783
West Suburban Hospital Medical Center
Oak Park, IL 60302
[log in to unmask] - personal replies; this one doesn't do listservs!