>I have been asked to research the availability of full text medical texts
>available over the internet.  I have identified the following:
>
>Harrrison's Principles of Internal Medicine (single text)
>Scientific American Medicine (single text)
>MD Consult (multiple texts)
>Primary Care Online (multiple texts)

You will find attached linked off the banner of Medical Matrix,
www.medmatrix.org, under "Textbooks".

Gary Malet

---------------------------------------

Diagnostic Procedure Handbook Online
 A key word index of 294 procedures that provides a concise quick reference
for practitioners. Includes procedure names, indications, contraindications,
patient preparation, aftercare, findings, and equipment. Full-text.
Cleveland Clinic Foundation and Healthgate. [Details...]

The Merck Geriatrics Manual
 Hypertext presentation of this widely read medical text. Covers human
diseases, symptoms, common clinical procedures, and laboratory tests of the
elderly. Full-text. Merck Co. [Details...]

Common Simple Emergencies Medical Care
 A manual of practical steps and caveats in handling over 100 common
conditions. Selected materials only. Georgetown University. [Details...]

Family Practice Handbook
Covers the diagnosis and treatment of common clinical problems facing
practitioners of family medicine. . University of Iowa and Mosby-Year Book,
Inc. [Details...]

HealthClinicUSA
Users search or browse a large database of briefs on disease conditions. The
hypertextbook contains detailed descriptions, common symptoms, diagnostic
steps, and treatments for common and uncommon ailments. Dr. Schueler's
Health Informatics, Inc. [Details...]

CHORUS Collaborative Hypertext Resource
 Hypertext documents indexed by organ system. Provides disease descripitions
and offers radiologic findings, differential diagnosis lists, and pertinent
anatomy, pathology and physiology. [Details...]

Clinical Care Database from SilverPlatter
 $ A database of evidence-based, clinical care diagnostic steps and
treatments accessed through interactive "pick lists." Provides practical,
action-oriented information that resolves common primary care clinical
challenges. Fee registration. [Details...]

Handbook of Current Diagnosis & Treatment
 $ Alphabetical listing of major disorders with current guidelines on
diagnosis and treatment. Includes tabular summaries for easy reference. An
article title is "Aortic Stenosis." Registration. Free abstracts. Full-text
is available with subscription and fee transactions. [Details...]

Outlines in Clinical Medicine at Avicenna
 A review of internal medicine in the form of hyperlinked text pages
categorized by disease topic. Includes board type review questions for
preparation for licensing examinations and a search engine. Free
registration. Harvard Medical School. [Details...]

U.S. Task Force Guide to Preventive Services
 An assessment of the effectiveness of 169 interventions in preventing
disease. The guide lists tests, counseling procedures, and immunizations
that it considers appropriate to promote health and prevent disease. An
updated report on recommended procedures and protocols from the U.S.
Preventive Services Task Force. [Details...]

1996 Guide to Clinical Preventive Services
 Age-specific preventive care recommendations for asymptomatic, low-risk
adults from the American College of Physicians and national task forces.
[Details...]

CCS Publishing Medical Manuals
 $ Offers disease briefs from its hard copy current medical manuals. Offers
disease briefs from its hard copy current medical manuals. [Details...]

Primary Care Online Medical Textbooks
Browse and search access to premiere clinical practice textbooks. Includes
Textbook of Internal Medicine, Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests, Lippincott's
Nursing Drug Guide,  Washington Manual of Medical Therapeutics,  Facts and
Comparisons Pocket Drug Guide, etc.
Free trial. Fee registration. Lippincott Williams &  Wilkins.

Scientific American Medicine
Online presentation of current, comprehensive, and complete medical
information updates covering all 15 subspecialties of internal medicine.
Fee subscription. Scientific American, Inc.

Lightning Hypertext of Disease Information Packets
A searchable collection of briefs on pathology and diseases. The web version
truncates search results after 29 packet "hits." [Details...]

MDConsult Reference Books
 $ Search access to a collection of 30 highly regarded medical reference
works. Search results link to book sections and topics. Fee registration.
Mosby, Lippencott-Raven et al. [Details...]