Are junk mail faxes legal?  I thought the Telephone Consumer
Protection Act (see
http://www.jmls.edu/cyber/statutes/email/tcpa.html) made
unsolicited advertisements by fax illegal.

I have no legal background and have no idea where this act
stands.

--------
Jolene Miller, MLS
Reference/Education Librarian
Medical College of Ohio
ICQ 15203466

>>> Robert Mohrman  <[log in to unmask]> 12/9/98 10:45:03 AM >>>
     Not that I'm suggesting this as a solution, but a few years
     back in another library I worked in,
     we would turn the fax machine off after hours (4:30 pm
     to 8:00 am).  It worked marvelously, because it seems most
     unsolicited faxes came during the evening (perhaps it is cheaper
     to saturate the phone lines of America then?).

Bob Mohrman
Medical Library
Walter Reed Army Medical Center
Washington DC