Ken Hildick <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>Ward Hill was where I first started skiing as a kid. Not too many have heard
>of it.

Really?  I think of it as a world-class destination resort- the venue that
puts Shrewsbury, MA on the international map (that & Spags ;-)

But it is pretty cute, eh?  I take telemark virgins there for first rites
of freeheeling.  If the pupil (victim?) is a whiner, I'll ski on straight
stick 52mm XC skis and floppy below-the-ankle boots to prove a point. Seems
to impress the natives too.  Not exactly a "ski extreme" kind of place- and
that towering 240' of vertical- what a thigh burner! :-)

You've got to love these tiny places!

dana

_____________ ________ __
__ /________ ________ ___