"Ron Najman, aka Ronski" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>      Sterling FOREST (Tuxedo, NY)
>
>      Others in the banana belt, with geographical features already
>      mentioned in other areas around the country: Thunder RIDGE, NY
(was
>      Big BIRCH, aka BIRCH HILL?); Hidden VALLEY, NJ; and MT. Peter,
NY.

I'm surprised you left out MOUNTAIN CREEK, also known as Vernon
VALLEY/Great GORGE.

By the way, we got over an inch of snow last night here in southern
NY.  Last year's snowfall has already been surpassed!

All of the wonderful "mountains" here (Mountain Creek, Thunder Ridge,
Sterling Forest, Hidden Valley and Mt Peter) are opening today.

Andrew
http://www.middlebury.edu/~asnow/skiing