-----Original Message-----
From:   Marc Guido [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Sunday, December 27, 1998 9:09 AM

then down 201 to Waterville.  When we left Quebec City, there was at
*least* 18" in the back yard.  By the time we got to within 10 miles of
the Maine border, there was no more than a few inches.  Snowbanks had
disappeared, and grass was visible through the snow.  When on 201 on a
latitude equal to and some 15-20 miles east of Sugarloaf, the snow was
only patchy.  Once on a latitude equal to Sunday River, no snow
whatsoever.

        I came home from Jay via I-93 through Franconia Notch.  I was surprised at
the amount of snow, there.  More than at Jay or anywhere else that I have
seen in New England. .... still mighty meager, though.   But, perhaps Jerry
Abramson will have a good Cannon report for us.

Mark,
Snow Scout