Skied at South all day in slightly improved conditions from yesterday. SB
is making snow 24x7, doing both resurfacing and working at opening new
terrain. As expected Lower Organgrinder, Hot Shot and Waterfall all opened
today - all in great shape. Contrary to what some believe about an ASC
(read: McSkiing) area, those trails were only lightly groomed after
snowmaking, so they were loaded with bumps, swells, dips, ridges, contours,
etc. IOW, anything but flat. They also kept the guns going on Waterfall and
Birch Run all day - desperately needed on the latter - and Deathspout for
about half the day. Snowmaking also started on Spring Fling, so that and
Snowball look to be the next targeted openings.

The joy of skiing on Xmas day once again was reaffirmed - most folks who
did ski did so in the afternoon. We parked the closest we have all week and
the lifts and trails were pleasantly unfull. All in all a pretty good week,
and better than initially expected. Tomorrow we return to the flatlands of
CT, methinks at just the right time.

Marc