>     Has anyone used skis that combine the best of both world, great
> >carving and stable high speeds?
> >

>              K2 Four

I'll pop out of lurk mode for a moment...

I LOVE my new K2 Merlin V's...They carve like there's no tomorrow and
they're rock solid at warp velocity. That's why I bought em. I love to blast
along then dive into a carve...and they'll do it without a complaint or the
vibration I found on the other "shape" skis I tried.

-Jason

PS...regarding moving to Colorado...I'm currently looking at that very
possiblity. I'm sick and tired of the wishy-washy winters here in RI. And
unfortunately I can't seem to locate a good computer systems admin job up
north (Vt, NH, Maine?).