HeHe, I knew I beat you to the punch someday Doug.  I was going to give
you a call this morning when I got out of class at eleven, but after
running a few errands I thought you would have been gone by then.

Well-- I went to Stowe today, despite a frigid little tinge the wind had
this morning in town, turned out to be a pretty good day.  It was all
about the Groomers off the quad, not a bump in sight.  Took Hayride down
first run, very fast, small occasional patches of ice (which my
dull edges took very nicely to), but mostly well groomed and very
edgeable and fast. Then down the upper part of Nosedive to Bypass, good
little bumps at the top with ice inbetween (actually pretty easy to ski
stuff on teles), good hop turning material to avoid random patches or ice
and rock/tree sticking off upper bypass.  The nosedive woods were fairly
skied off, of course but still lots of good fluff, just scattered about,
and fast.  Headed down lower nosedive, over to lower lift line.  Very fast
indeed.  Then did it again and headed over to the Gondola, where sun and
the looks of better more abundant snow seemed more attractive.  Hit chin
clip first, they were blowing snow all day on upper chin clip and
gondolier from the waterfall down.  Did upper chin until the snowmaking
was all gone and followed fellow UVMer whom I had the pleasure of meeting
Alex Nutt into the woods and far in via the "To Oz" trail.  When we got
there, it was definetely well worth it, yup doug, 6" of powpow soft and
fresh and very lightly tracked up on top of fairly unbreakable crust, but
there were a few instances when I plowed through it.  Upper part was
great.  When we hit the OZ sign, was also really good.  then headed down
into the thicket of bald saplings and small maple trees toward the bottom
and had to keep our hand in front of our faces to avoid losing any vision
or getting in facial scars.  turned out to be pretty good-- better the
father out...  Then, from then on, upper waterfall to Gondolier down, best
run of the day, fast, plowing through that great plenominal slugde (but
good sludge) to a well cover gondolier with lots of good little hits
intermixed inbetween.  I think we skied it three, maybe four times.  Then
we called it a day, and opted for $1 hot dogs at the moscow store...
I'd say stay off off the groomed if you doin't want to get bored, the ice
crust is good, but not great, can't wait 'till next storm because it'll be
good and solid beneath.

-Andre