I'll be happy to post a report on Rainier when I get back from climbing the
Liberty Ridge route in late June if anyone cares.  There is 23 feet of snow
at Paradise right now which is mind boggling to an Easterner like me.   We
are going to bring our skis and hopefully ski something "big" after the
climb, weather and conditions permitting.

I climbed Mt. Shasta last year and Rainier several years ago and although I
didn't get a chance to ski either of them, from what I could gather, Mt.
Shasta would seem to be the better, safer more popular choice.

Bob Dillon