Hey Jerm, I was there too.  Great day.  Sorry I missed doing some turns
with you.  I thought the tele skiing was perfect, especially when the sun
peeked through. Maybe I should have tried those woods, but thought
everything they had groomed was great, especially Nosedive.

At 09:10 PM 4/15/99 -0400, you wrote:
>It got sunny this afternoon so I figured teh corn would be soft enough for
>some tele turns. Though the shadowed stuff was still a bit firm there was
>good snow most everywhere (didnt try it ... but I'm sure Pipeline is still
>solid and will be till like August). The place was vacant, and only the
>Quad was running. Hayride and Centerline were closed for no discernible
>reason so I poached Hayride to Tres Amigos, which was well covered and
>excellent. There is still over 6 feet at the stake and in some woods (like
>Bypass and Goat woods) there is probably more than that. After the Quad
>stopped at 4, I strapped on my skins and headed up the ridge.
>
>The view from the ridge was incredible and it felt good to be above
>treeline again.  The weather was perfect too -- no wind, sunny, and warm.
>I found a bunch of Mark Courville's little stashes (which I wouldnt even
>have looked for if he hadnt personally forbid my skiing them) and finally
>decided on a little chute that drops off the lower Lip. The chute was fun
>and had a neat double fall line. It ended in some tight woods where I had
>to cut right to avoid the monster cliff above the Cliff House. I ended up
>on Subway which has way too little snow to be worthwhile. Gondolier was
>choppy so I played around on Switchback and assorted woods to the bottom.
>
>Things havent changed much since the weekend, and we even have a little
>new snow here and there. I'm planning on going to the Rockpile this
>weekend (gotta retreive the jacket I left at St J House of Pizza) so if
>anyone wants to come ... speak up.
>
>Jerm

Stephanie H. McConaughy
Psychiatry Department