        On Sunday I went to Sugarbush again with some of my friends (E,
Mango, Bennett) and also met up with SkiVTers:  Dan Barron (planned
meeting) and Doug Slifkin (just met up by good chance).  The trail count
has changed a little since last week, with Murphy's Glades and Birdland
being closed.  Still open were Ripcord, Spillsville, Organgrinder,
Jester, Downspout, Snowball, Spring Fling and Stein's plus a few
connectors.  Coverage is good / excellent on most of these trails with
the occasional bare patch.
        Although the surface was not quite as soft as last week (low
temperatures were in the 20s for a couple of nights in a row), things
softened up as the day went on with sun and warm temps of around 50 or
so.  We were a bit late for the 10:00 meeting with Dan, but eventually
things got going and we had some fun runs down Snowball / Spring Fling.
At the end of our second run, we met Doug at the bottom and he joined us
as well.  Spring Fling had bumps on the skier's right, with a few bare
spots, but still good lines.  Our next run was Organgrinder, which was
still in the process of forming bumps after a grooming.  The left side
of Organgrinder had some nice terrain at the edge of the trees.
Unfortunately, Dan lost two out of the three "pins" on one of his
telemark skis, and we had to split up while he went for repairs to the
shop.  We then hit Ripcord, Doug scoped out the trees between Ripcord
and Paradise, finding that it eventually opened up and got soft, while I
hung closer to the edge of Ripcord and explored the nicely gladed areas
and chutes.  Anything that saw even a little sun or traffic softened up
nicely as time went on.  We took Jester back over to the Spring Fling
area for a couple runs before calling it a day.  That's the third
weekend in a row with some nice sun and warm temperatures, which is
certainly a good streak for April.  Next Saturday (May 1) is supposed to
be free skiing at Sugarbush; hopefully we can get another sunny day to
finish off the season.  It was nice to ski with you Doug and Dan, I hope
you had as much fun as I did.

J.Spin