Bobbi:  Read 24 V.S.A. 1158 it simply states you record assignments and
discharge of mortgages.  You are not responsible for the miss information
in the document.  Also food for thought.  If you have the Book of Opinions
published by Jim Douglas and Paul Gillies, read pages 165 through 170 in
Volume I.  Although these are opinions, they help you to understand and
also quote the statutes that you should read.

Take care and hope this is helpful.

Barbara