It seems to me that an enforcement statute of limitations of only 10 years
would make it difficult for towns to enforce violations that are not
apparent from outside the building.  I am thinking of a building in our
town that was converted from 2 to 4 apartments without any permits.  This
sort of violation would be noticed during a town-wide reappraisal, but I am
still new and I don't know how often properties are reappraised.

Bobbi Brimblecombe, Marshfield Town Clerk