       Ok, I'm driving home from the store in my '86 Cherokee with Dixie in
the back and my son in the passenger seat. It is late afternoon and for
about 2 seconds, I was totally blinded by the sun. I let off the gas on this
rural road, half a mile from my house. As soon as I let off, we are jarred
with a THUMP, I see a quick flash of brown, followed by another THUMP on the
roof. I look in the rear view mirrow, shaking, and I see a deer on the
pavement. At first it appears to be on it's back, squirming and writhing in
pain, but then I see that it is rolling sideways across the asphalt and
struggling to come to a stop and get back on it's feet. It finally does and
immediatly is on all fours, then proceeds to leap across the ditch and run
away across the field and into the woods. I've come to a complete stop by
now, when I ask Alex: "What was that?" He says: "A bump!". I said : "Yeah,
you're right, it was a bump. (whew, I don't have to explain)" I back up to
the point of impact, where there is shattered orange plastic on the road
from what used to be my blinker. I turn off the Jeep, get out and inspect. I
feel awful as I see deer hair all over the road for about 60 feet. I don't
care in the least that my grill is damaged, except that the most major
damage is on the opposite side as the smashed blinker. That deer must have
been sprinting out of the woods and across the road just as the sun blinded
me. I hit it square and sent it flying up onto the roof. I was only going
35mph, below the posted limit(40) but still I feel very guilty about it.
There is hair stuck all over the place- in the grill, the lights, and the
seam of the roof where it meets the hatchback. There is no blood anywhere,
but that poor maimed animal must be hurting badly. I later drove back and
looked everywhere- no sign of there deer anywhere. I can't stop worrying
about this suffering animal, help!