Is it too early to start yet another weather thread?

Naw, I thought not.

I have the usual request.  Could the weather geeks, gurus, and gizzards
enlighted us on trends and projections in this (what?) post La Nina year?  Are
there readable patterns that might be projected into the fall and winter?

For example, reports from the west coast indicate unusual cold and
precipitation.  Junuary they are calling it.  In the sunny climes of
Connecticut we are arid dry and now Sahara hot.  There's been maybe an inch of
rain in May and June combined.  The only good thing about it is that it's
keeping the slugs at bay.

Thoughts? Insights?  Guesses?

JMK