Dan Barron the teleskatenaut <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>Glad as I was to go to plastic on skis, I hate to move backwards
>*from* plastic on wheels. But maybe wheels grab onto asphalt so tightly
>for you that ankle support is not so big a concern as with skis?

If the flex & independence of the middle wheels of the skate are as you
described:

>In between is the boot's stiff-but-flexible sole, capable if you push
>hard enough of a 30 degree angle--far, far more than the barely visible
>effect of rockering the wheels.

I expect that it'll be the moral equivalent of a super-sidecut ski- you'll
get a lot more turn out of each degree of "edge angle".  If they seem unstable
drop in some firm form-fitting footbeds.  On my skates with the better beds
I can skate in them unbuckled (but I can't tele in 'em buckled or not :-(

>Another (maybe?) downside. The Escapes' wheelbase is pretty long.

That's a _good_ thing if you intend to tele on them!  When only the front
pair are in contact you'll be better able to steer them if they're a bit
out in fron of your toe.  If they were directly under the ball of your
foot it would tend to wobble unless turning hard.

>Any words of wisdom, o great ergonometric gurus?

Nothing beats a real demo on a hard surface at speed- get off the rug and
cruise on them a bit first!

Thatzit!

dana

_____________ ________ __