I forgot to mention- I just picked up a pair of Rossignol nordic roller skis
with the unratcheted wheels.  I'm intending to drop a NNN-BC (instead of
heavy tele) setup on them and see how well they telemark on pavement.  They're
much heavier (and heavier-duty) than skates and only have 2 fat ~4" wheels
per ski.  Anybody here done this already?

Also, I'd be _very_ curious to try some klopschaatsen (clap skates?) should they
ever appear in a wheeled form.  Anybody know of any- proto or production? (I
don't have _time_ to make my own- but I'm sure some "have hacksaw, will travel"
type person has a pair or two kicking around :-)

dana

_____________ ________ __
__(    Tele till you drop