Denis Bogan wrote:

> >     Jerm wrote:
> >
> >> What is a Southern New England hack?
> >
> >also known as a "Joey" "SPORE" or "Touron"
> >The people you don't want to be stuck behind on route 100.
> >The people who drive 200 miles north in an icestorm with bald tires.
>
> I have other names for the people who drive 200 miles in snow & ice with
> bald tires.  They are not fit for a family publication.
>
> But what is a Joey?  Does it have anything to do with Kangaroos?
>
> How about some definitions.  Inquiring minds want to know.  I know SPORE
> and Touron.  I have also heard "Herb" and have no idea what that is,
> although it doesn't take a genius to guess that all these terms are
> pejorative.
>
> Denis:-  Born and raised a Southern New England Hack, and now moved to MASH
> (mid Atlantic Ski Hell for those who joined since the term was last defined.)

A herb, IIRC, is you average Jersey jerk who thiks because he can do the death
run at vernon valley that he is a "pro" and can handle Goat or East Fall with
style and impress all of the locals. A herb is also your average snowshed
beginner who "gets lost" and thinks that Cascade is the only way back to KBL.
Generally speaking, anyone stupidly on terrainway too tough fopr them.

Snowmaster