Karen, we have not gotten to the point yet of cancelling print because we
get the e-version although my guess is that will happen before long.  At
the moment most of the titles we have that also have e-versions charge
just a little extra for the electronic so it is not all that expensive to
do both.  In some cases we do not opt for the e-version at all due to
license retrictions we find unacceptable (restricting use to one or more
computers IN the library etc.)  We did drop a few expensive but little(or
never) used titles to compensate for the extra cost of the e's on our
2000 order and to give us the ability of ordering more - even some titles
we don't have in print.

Tom

Thomas Williams, Director                       (334) 460-6885
Biomedical Library and Media                    (334) 460-7638(fax)
   Production Services
University of South Alabama                     [log in to unmask]
College of Medicine                             http://southmed.usouthal.edu
BML 326B
Mobile, Alabama 36688-0002