Greetings fellow "poo person"!

Can't help you with your problem I'm afraid as I know absolutely nothing
about carbon isotopes....Hope someone else has the answer though.

How's your work going otherwise?  Am trying to get the bulk of my thesis
finished by december in the hope of a job (not in science - thank god!)

We should have a drink sometime soon - are you coming to the big "marine"
drinking session at bar cleveland?

Hopefully will see you there

Cheers

jo :=)

t 12:29 25/08/99 +1000, you wrote:
>G'day all.
>
> We are running isotope uptake experiments on phytoplankton (Tetraselmis
>chuii) to Brine shrimp (Artemia spp) to fish (2 local marine species). We
>have a control diet of T. chuii, however, the difficultly lies within
>obtaining an enriched diet of differing isotope signature for both 13C and
>15N. We have 99.9% 15N-KNO3, but haven't come across a compound suitable
>for changing the 13C ratio in the T.chuii. Does anyone have any ideas on
>this, or any suggestions for pointing us in the right direction?
>
>I thank you for your time on this matter.
>
>Yours,
>Troy Gaston.
>

>******************************
>Troy Gaston
>School of Biological Science
>UNSW, Sydney
>Australia, 2052
>
>tel: +61 2 9385 2073
>fax: +61 2 9385 1558
>e-mail: [log in to unmask]

                                                      0
Jo Rush                                            0
Biological Sciences A08                        0      /\
University of Sydney                                <')_=<
Ph: 0416 28 2309                                         \/

                         Carpe carpum
                            seize the fish