Jerry,
I own a Skiers Edge. I use it early season (starting in mid September) to
get conditioned (2-3 times per week) for skiing.
My Summer activities include hiking and Mt. Biking which are good for
general muscle conditioning. The Skiers Edge gets the muscles used to the
specific movements that are used for skiing. In my opinion I have been doing
and feeling better on opening days than the season before I bought it. I use
it during the winter if there is a long break (>2 weeks) between ski trips.
This helps keep my on mountain stamina from degrading as much.
Steve Kijak