I just surfed across a decent deal on alpine touring boots ($100- new)
at sierratradingpost.com.  If anyone with size 7.5, 8, or 9.5 (mens)
feet have been thinking of taking the plunge this might be the time.

They're the Koflach Arctis AT- one of the toastiest boots out there (I've
got a pair of the Arctis Expedition high altitude climbing boots with
the same liners.  At room temperature smoke starts pouring out of my cuffs
after 5 minutes or so :-)

The AT is a 3 (+1) buckle boot (the +1 is a rear cuff buckle to switch
between climb/hike & ski modes.)

(This isn't a commercial- I get nothing out of this other than the hopes
of finding another skivittler in the woods next winter.)

dana

_____________ ________ __
__(    Tele till you drop