> I'm surprised that it hasn't been mentioned yet. In the same issue of
> Skiing there was a listing of the new lifts going in this year. The one
> that caught my eye was that Wildcat in NH is constructing a new learning
> area and are putting in a <gasp> Magic Carpet!!!
>
> I can already hear Mr. Renson getting his bile up over this one!!! Can MRG
> be far behind?

Renson may yet survive, as it's pending permit approvals.  (What kind of
environmental impact does a Magic Carpet lift have, anyway?!!)

Thanks, though, Marc ... you gave me a perfect lead into ...

<shameless self-promotion>
"Millennial Mountain Improvements".  Our exclusive feature detailing
improvements (or not, depending upon your viewpoint!) at 85 ski resorts
across North America has finally been posted to First Tracks!! Online Ski
Magazine (http://www.FirstTracksOnline.com) after I slaved over it for
months.  Choose "Resorts and Features" from the Table of Contents and you'll
see the link to the story.
</shameless self-promotion>

Marc Guido
Editor and Publisher