Carmen,

We do quite a bit of intraoperative monitoring with TCD and experience a great deal of RF noise caused by the cautery.  We have a Neuroguard unit that we use quite a bit for monitoring and it has an RF cut-off.  There really isn't much you can do when the RF is coming from the cautery used on the patient you are monitoring.  We sometimes experience noise from other OR suites which is equally distracting and we have found that changing outlets sometimes alleviates that problem.

Cees

At 03:04 PM 09/09/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>This is a brief letter to inquire whether anyone one else who performes TCD
>monitoring during intra-op CEA's experiece R/F interference.

Spencer Technologies
T: 206.329.7220
F: 206.329.7230
http://www.spencertechnoloiges.com