        From:   Debbie Goines [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
        Sent:   Thursday, September 16, 1999 3:47 PM
        To:     [log in to unmask]
        Subject:        On-Call Issues

        Attention Flow Net Users:

        I would like to gather data for On-Call to try and help all of us
out there that are presently taking call.  Due to the overwelming response
of faxes for an algorithm to control venous on-calls, I have taken an
interest in just what is happening out there in the vascular field.  I feel
that our institutuion is very fortunate when it comes to taking call.  We
are very lucky to have ten technologists assisting with call and only take
it on weekends with the assistance of a gatekeeper.

        This is what I am trying to accomplish:
        1.  Try and help standardize the use of on call in the vascular
field
        2.  Concrete data from across the country for use to approach
management to restructure policies that are too lenient or abusive

        If you do have data please submit it to me by e-mail, fax, or mail.

        To keep things consistent this is the information that I need (for
now I am only interested in LE venous call-ins):
        1.  Number of LE venous call-ins within the LAST six months (or a
six month interval)
        2.  Number of Positive vs. Negative for ACUTE DVT (any acute
thrombus within the venous system including the calf BUT NOT SVT)
        3.  The INDICATION for the call-in (swelling, pain, etc...)
        4.  Your policy on LE venous call-in (ex:  algorithms, gatekeeper,
etc...)
        5.  Hours of call service (24 hours, weekends)

        My direct E-Mail address is:  [log in to unmask]
        My Mailing address:   Debra R. Goines RVT
                                          Cleveland Clinic Foundation
                                          Vascular Laboratory  S-60
                                          9500 Euclid Ave
                                          Cleveland, Ohio 44915
        My Fax Number is:   (216)445-7370
        If anyone would like to speak to me directly, please call my office
at (216)445-1622.

        I am asking everyone for their assistance in this matter to try and
rectify and obvious problem.  One I compile the data, I will offer it to
anyone who may be interested.

        Thank you for your time in advance,

        Debbie