On Sept. 18, 1999 Mr. Gill Groehn wrote:
<<<<< I agree with Ms. Pirt that service from Nicolet can be problematic.
We have a MEDASONICS CDS transcranial doppler unit (Medasonics TCD was
taken over by NICOLET some time ago) and have been trying for over two
months to obtain the BIOS settings for this unit.   Nicolet does not
appear to be able to find documentation for this unit that will enable us
to get it set up. I realize Nicolet did not manufacture the CDS unit but
at this point they are the only source for this info and they apparently
do not even have a single CDS unit (using the 386-SX25) in their service
stock so the BIOS setting can be obtained.Sorry to post this here but
felt a follow up was in order.
Gil Groehn Ultramed, Inc.<<<<<<<

Dear flownetters,
The recent comments from a Mr. Gilbert Groehn of Ultramed, Inc.
denigrating Nicolet service unfortunately mandates this second reply.

Mr. Groehn is well known to our Biomedical service department for
soliciting repair and service information. Mr. Groehn is directly
involved with an instrument repair service that competes with Nicolet
Biomedical for non-warranty service of Transcranial Dopplers and other
products.  Mr. Groehn contacted our company requesting  Bios motherboard
information for a discontinued Medasonics Transcranial Doppler.  Contrary
to his assertion, the information requested was faxed and mailed to him
on August 23,1999.  His commercially-biased comments and attacks go
against the ethic and spirit of the flownet, and I have reported this
attempt to malign our reputation to the list owners of this Flownet.
Once again, my regrets to flownetters at the necessity to response to
these commercial attacks.

Robert J. Daigle,