I have been scanning left handed only from the head for 10 years, it seems
to be the most natural and comfortable position for my arm. But as other
people have mentioned scanning that way is not always possible.

-----Original Message-----
From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Don
Ridgway
Sent: Sunday, September 12, 1999 8:24 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Scanning positions

This isn't what you'd call Earth-shaking, but there's a bit of a bet:

What position are people taking relative to the patient when scanning
carotids? I'm still of the old school, sitting behind the patient's head.
Another tech tells me nobody scans like that any more; he stands at the
patient's side, facing the patient, much as one would doing an abdominal
scan but a bit farther toward the head.

Could I ask for a bit of a survey? There's a lunch riding on this. You can
reply straight to me so as not to clutter the Flownet up severely:

Thanks a ton.

Don Ridgway
Grossmont Hospital
Grossmont College