I find scanning while standing by the patients side to be more stressful on
the forearm due to the wrist extension it requires.  I find having to
rearrange a patients room to get behind their head (now that carotids "need"
to be done portably so often) to be more stressful on all parts of my back,
not to mention time consuming.  If you are in your early twenties, this may
sound dramatic, but if you are in your forties you probably know what I mean.
 The desire to avoid repetitive stress injurires were a big part of my
decision to leave the hospital setting.  I would like to enjoy my retirement
years as much as possible, and choose not to knowing disable myself.

Tina