Management at  the hospital I work at are trying to make a policy that all
inpatient echocardiograms will be done portable for the convenience of the
patient.  we have listed all the reasons why this is just not feasible for us
to go portable all day.  I work in a big hospital , 1 hallway being 1/4 mile
long.  We already go portable to do unit patients and those patients who are
difficult to transfer to a stretcher.  My question is how many hospitals have
this policy in effect?  We are trying to gather data that there aren't many
hospitals out there that do all in house patients portables.  All comments
will be appreciated.   Sue in Myers, Florida.