 We perform all of our cardiac and vascular inhouse patients as portable
studies.  Our hospital asks us to do this as a service to our customers, so
that patients are not having to be moved around through the halls in
hospital gowns, or waiting in some cold holding area for their test to be
performed.  It took a bit of getting used to for me, especially when doing
carotid exams, but now it is no big deal.  It does add a bit to the exam
time, but the hospital feels it is worth the effort for patient comfort.
My situation is somewhat different from yours though, as our hospital is
much smaller and our department is situated near a service elevator that
exits directly to the patient floors.

Carol Miranda
Healthsouth Medical Center
Richmond, VA