Kathy,

LMRP doesn't change when the carrier changes.  Consequently, unless Empire
publishes new/revised LMRP, the existing LMRP (from Xact) remains intact.
Probably the best example of this can be found at
http://dragon.bcbsnd.com/medweb/ which covers 12 states (Noridian).

Now, if Empire enforces the LMRP is another question for which I have
absolutely no answer ... they've done some very strange things in the past -
but they certainly have the right to enforce ... and based on that
experience, I would suspect that they will get around to it sooner or later
(as soon as someone at Empire realizes they can) ...

BTW, HCFA will not have the answer in that this is Local Medical Review
Policy (originates from the carriers) ...

Good luck ...

Franklin W. West
PVI
18702 North Creek Parkway, Suite 212