I had a very interesting study today and would like to pick all you
brains for your opinions.
I had a 78 year old man in for lower arterial testing. He had past
history of DVT left pop-post tib found first in May and re-imaged in
July with some recanalization noted.
Has been on home therapy for DVT.  His nephrologist ordered segmental
pressures with doppler to I guess rule out occuded vessels.  His left
leg had 2-3+ edema was red from foot to mid shin.  But also his left leg
was very cool to touch from mid shin down, warm from there up.  He
stated he had no real pain or tenderness.
Testing findings were normal right leg except that up thigh and calf
cuff could not be totally occluded.  Left extremity thigh had all
pressure within normal limits also, but wave forms were diminished, and
even had toe pressures noted.  Left ankle could not be totally occluded
either.  Otherwise the  study would be considered normal by  most
standards, except for the fact the leg was swollen, cool, and red.
Consulted senior retired vascular surgeon and he agreed with the fast
that the DVT should be evaluated again...The coolness of the leg was our
biggest discussion....
I am ready for all your opinions....and very interested in them too.

thanks,
deb thompson, cvtech, HVCH