I forgot to mention that my worksheet templates for keeping these hash
marks of inhouse usage were really incomplete and inaccurate; i had a
volunteer type up a journal list shortly after I got here 3 years ago
and it was a mess; worse than the original file I gave her to work from;
and she erased that!

Anyway, I haven't had time to type a new journal holdings list;  i am
working on inventory so I can update Serhold and OCLC and get rid of all
the bad records.

In a stroke of genius, I asked my Blackwell's agent a week ago if they
could send me the renewal list in either Access or Excel digital
format... or even MS Word.  Viola!  Less than a week later, I got an
Excel file of my complete journal subscriptions for the whole hospital
which I manage; with all the fields.  I sorted by my cost center, and
PRESTO a new COMPLETE journal subscription list!  Well almost, I need to
add in a few freebies and direct subscriptions.   Now don't tell
Blackwell's I said you could do this, I don't want them to get swamped
with requests and blame me... <grin>

Paul Blobaum, Medical Librarian
Silver Cross Hospital           [log in to unmask]
1200 Maple Road
Joliet, IL  60432