From Bill Brown:
>Soda is the biggest.  Cost maybe 10 cents for the cup, ice, and soda.
Probably even less than that.  closer to 5 cents.
<
From Jerm:
>It's the drinks right? S'just sugar and water.
<
Yep - soda is one of the two biggest profit items. The other is the
franchise license/royalties. If you talk to a BK exec, you learn that BK is
in the business of selling burgers (in order to sell sodas) and franchises.
 While we're at it, as Jerm notes, soda is just sugar and water....but the
sugar is in the flavor syrup. The syrup is where the real profit is - as
far as Pepsi is concerned, that's what they sell, not soda.

Marc
mchrusch(at symbol)acm.org        <--- personal/home address
marc.chrusch(at symbol)tim.com   <--- work address