Marc Guido wrote:

> > Timberline is already open.  They have been open for a while.
>

> Permanent snowfields don't count!  The place does lift maintenance for 2
> weeks a year - in essence, they never close!
>
> Come on now, Bill!  I'll say it again: Permanent snowfields don't count.

So what?  Skiing is skiing.  Isn't it lift serviced and don't they charge for
tickets?  I can see disputing about hiking and climbing or heliskiing or cat
transportation for your turns but if the place is a legitimate commercial
venture involving skiing or snowboarding then it's open.  Picky, picky picky.
:-)     Jim