> > Only one trail has been cut so far from Pico over to Killington. I know
> > we've discussed it before on the list, but this is the first time I've
> seen
> > it up close, and it's quite an abomination. It's about as wide as a
major
> > highway cut, and they've done a lot of blasting and built up a huge
> > embankment to create what looks like a very boring novice trail. Coming
> > across something like that in the middle of a nice hiking trail gives
you
> > an idea of why the environmentalist community is so down on ski area
> > expansions!

        I and Benjie have been contacted by "Darth" himself and he sez that this
ain't a ski trail.  That's a wastewater line that connects into Rutland's
wastewater treatment facility.
        Perhaps the NE facing slopes off of Ram Head's with it's copious snow
could hold potential for Old-School New England style trails.

Mark