>The question I have is about concentrating on the immediate task, versus
>looking ahead to the task a turn or two down the hill.  On really steep
>stuff, narrow stuff, or in-the-trees stuff, I often find myself struggling
>to put turns together, resulting in a start-stop form of getting down the
>mountain that is less than what I'm shooting for.  Any advice?  Thanks
>heaps.
>
>Jeff Eriksen

Don't worry if you can't link turns together on the steeps or in the trees
when you first start.  I don't think anyone on this list could do it when
they began venturing out onto that terrain.  You've just got to be patient
and persistent.  Keep throwing yourself down that kind of terrain day after
day.  Before long you'll start linking two turns, then three, four and
before you know it a dozen or more.  It just comes with experience.  But
when you can start linking more than a few turns, start to look downhill
about two or three seconds ahead of where you are - kind of like what you do
when driving.  Hopefully at some point in the winter you'll take a tree run
where you don't have to stop and never once think about how or where you
have to turn, you just do everything on instinct.  When you finally achieve
that proficiency it just feels as if you're flying through the woods with
the strength and agility of a Jedi knight.  It's a feeling that can't be
beat.

Nick